Support HR3677 the National Cooperative Development Act
ATTENTION Cooperative Mainers! We need YOU to register your support, HERE (at our POPVOX.com campaign action page), and let your U.S. Representative hear from YOU that you support cooperative development!
Please, take a moment to :
1) SIGN-UP, HERE (at our POPVOX.com campaign action page)
2) VISIT: www.Campaign.coop for an excellent set of tools to mobilize your networks
3) ASK your Representative to support / co-sponsor H.R. 3677
Please let us know if you have any questions or information to share at: CooperativeMaine@gmail.com
SUPPORT H.R. 3677 (112th Congress: 2011-2012) To authorize the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to establish a national program to create jobs and increase economic development in underserved areas by promoting cooperative development.
(Sponsor: Rep. Chaka Fattah [D-PA2)
This bill would build a foundation for a new sustainable economy of the people, by the people, and for the people. Cooperatives represent good, sound economics. “2012 has been recognised as the International Year of Co-operatives by the United Nations. This is an acknowledgement by the international community that co-operatives drive the economy, respond to social change, are resilient to the global economic crisis and are serious, successful businesses creating jobs in all sectors.” – ( www.2012.coop )
The legislation will:
- catalyze cooperative development efforts in low to moderate income areas, both rural and urban, throughout the United States
- give entrepreneurs the tools to create their own economic opportunities, building wealth for themselves and their community
We need your help to mobilize support for this important legislation!
Thank you! Cooperative Maine